I just made a few changes to my Blog template. I got the ideas from the Biz Stone article, "This Old Blog". His "guest", Eric Case, described how to enable post pages and how to make smart titles. I think that my template already had post pages enabled, since the code on my template looked similar to the code that Eric provided. I did cut and paste some new code onto my template to enable smart titles. Well, I didn't notice any new spectacular upgrades after republishing my blog. However, Biz and Eric say that the changes should make my blog more friendly to search engines, which would be a nice upgrade. I'd like to have some visitors from the superhighway drop in once in awhile to read my ramblings.

I read some more of Dr. James Dobson's "Bringing Up Boys". Specifically, I read his chapter dedicated to the eradication of homosexuality. Now, I have to admit, I don't want my son to be homosexual. I'm not sure how I would react if he becomes homosexual, or in fact IS homosexual, and reveals it when he is older. I would like to think that I would accept him for who he is, and love and cherish him regardless. This being said, I will try to steer him towards heterosexuality as much as I can, without warping is brain, because I think it would be an easier, and more rewarding, life for him. However, Dobson's chapter rubbed me the wrong way. He clearly is adamantly opposed to all homosexuality. He calls it a disorder, and blames the acceptance of homosexuality among psychiatrists and other professionals on liberal campaigning. He also seems to combine other sexual misbehavior into homosexuality. For example, much of his chapter is a rail against man-boy love, which is truthfully disgusting. I just don't agree with his premise that young homosexuals, particularly older teenagers, need to be "saved" from the "disorder". In the chapter, Dobson himself claims that homosexuality is not chosen. Yet, he also claims that it is not hereditary. What is it, contagious? Some people, for whatever reason, choose this lifestyle. I am not one of them, but I have friends that are, and I know many good people that are homosexuals. In a nutshell, I could care less about somebody elses sexual preferences, as long as they are not hurting other people, including taking advantage of young people. In fact, there are social beneifts to homosexuality, such as population control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database