Weekend Recap

A recap of the weekend:

Friday night, Dad and I went to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I enjoyed it, especially since I have not seen either of the first two movies or read any of the books. Dad filled me in a little on the background, and I pieced together the storyline. Dad said that Lynae said that new actors were going to be used for the characters in subsequent Harry Potter movies. That surprised me.

Saturday, Dad any I went to dump my trash at Windrose. Then, we went to K-Mart to pick up a prescription, and to look for lithium batteries for my digital camera. I couldn't find any batteries. Maybe I'll try the rechargeable batteries again. I couldn't get them to work several moths ago. Instead of batteries, at K-Mart I got bird seed, bug spray for my vegetable plants, torch wicks and torch oil. In the afternoon, Dad and I went out again, this time to Nautical Landing, in an effort to find Mom a birthday present. Her birthday is today. Happy birthday Mom! Dad got her a candle lamp and a bell to hang outside, and I got her some lighthouse party lights for outside.

Saturday night, we met Jim, Alice, Susie and Mike at Tassos, the Greek restaurant in S. Kansas City. We had a great time, and I got some of it on camera, even though my battery was dead for the good parts. Mom went up on stage for the birthday set, and she had to do a shot and break a plate. Dominic got to break a plate with her. Susie and Mike went up for their anniversary, and they had to do a shot, and dance for a while. Then, the ultimate, Jim was chosen by the belly dancer to go up on stage along with some other guys. It was extremely funny. Like the last time, the food was excellent. I had shish kebob this time. I would recommend Tassos to anyone that likes Greek food. The entertainment is worth the price.

On Sunday morning, Dominic woke us up about 10:00. Dad had left for Colorado at 5 AM (at least that is when he planned to leave). Mom & Lyane came over in the morning bearing McDonald's breakfast for Sharon, Dominic and I. Not real healthy, but good. They didn't stay long, because we were headed to Alice & Jim's for a Father's Day cookout. Speaking of Father's Day, Dominic gave me a Cerner hat, with a card that he had signed himself. Sharon gave me a Cerner polo shirt. Nice gifts! We headed to the Irwin's at about 2:00, and we ate shortly thereafter. After dinner, Dominic and I skated with our pads on. Dominic did really well, and he enjoyed it. Jim and Mike were hitting golf balls. I was going to hit some with them, but after skating, I was tired out. I took a little nap on the couch. Susie and Mike ended up leaving for South Dakota at around 5:30, so that they could get a head start on the rest of their vacation. Dominic and I watched Pinnoccio, and then we came home around 10:30.

It was a busy, but fun, weekend.

I finished reading Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson, and last night I began to read the introduction to Beowulf. I am also reading the Cliffs notes for Kate Chopin's 'The Awakening', which I finished reading a couple of weeks ago. I've been thinking of alternating fiction with non-fiction for my reading projects. That's what I've done for the last few books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database