Random Thoughts of Madness

There are times, often, when I don't know what to write. This is not because of a lack of subjects, or because of a lack of interest in writing. In fact, I think it might be due to quite the opposite--too many subjects. My mind gets overloaded with the thousands of random thoughts that travel through it each day, hour, minute and second. It is hard to reach out and grab hold of one of these thoughts, and to turn it into something profound through the creative act of writing. It is hard even to concentrate on one thought, to analyze it or to be conscious of it, without another competing thought coming along to make a case for itself. I have found, in the past, that brainstorming, or the act of writing down thoughts as they come to me, has helped to alleviate the mental pressure of thought overload. Thus, today's electronic blogging brainstorm:

Master of Education at Rockhurst University
Master of Business Administration at Park University
Small Colleges
Large Colleges
Difference between small and large colleges
Sharon
Dominic
Entire Family
Trip to Iowa tonight
Lynae travelling with me
Trip to PA next month
Ardith's house
Ardith and Bill
Ardith and Bill's cat (now deceased)
My horrific spelling
writinig
vocabulary
learning
foreign language
thinking
philosophy
Billy Budd
Herman Melville
Bartelby the Scrivner
Mrs. Beckett from High School (dead?)
Central Lee
baseball
Todd's "pig-roast" this weekend
My football jersey
being funny
being self-consciouss
laughing
medicine
gout
racquetball
losing racquetball
lifting weights
being bored
being unmotivated
apathy
computers
software
hardware
trouble memorizing facts
dimensions
love
logic
U of I
going to this year's U of I homecoming
Wichita
Structured Query Language
Accounting
New query tool that Luke gave me a link for....WinSQL
Data Warehousing
Stacey Katz
Sprint
Working hard
Not working hard
sense of accomplishment
stock
investing
being rich
measuring success by money
paying off debt
owning my own business
golfing
golfing with Dad this weekend
having Dad give me golf tips this weekend
being annoyed with too many golf tips
stress of watching Dominic
love for Dominic
guilt about not playing enough with Dominic
guilt about not enjoying playing with Dominic
sleep
lack of sleep
cardio exercise
killing time
being at work on time
getting to work late
being a "businessman"
getting older
being a leader
being a teacher
Jerod
camping
going fishing at Roaring River in a couple of weeks
taking Sharon and Dominic camping/fishing
enjoyment of silence
enjoyment of being alone (at times)
missing my family
Dominic's laugh
Dominic's temper
another child
Carribbean vacation
Sandles resort
Kid-friendly (Beaches?) resorts
lawn care
building shelves in my basement
woodworking
woodcarving
tools
routers
pricing routers
router tables
gathering facts
research

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database