Teacher Salaries

Since I am commencing my pursuit of a M.Ed. degree this very day, I wanted to establish a post regarding my question about teaching salaries. Specifically, how much can I expect to be paid, given the qualifications that I possess, or will possess at the end of the program.

In my first class, Special Education, the professor said that if we were to teach Special Education it would be worth $10,000 more to us in salary. At this point, I don't think that I am interested in teaching special education, but this was interesting information to keep in mind.

My thin research so far has revealved that the average salary for a public school teacher in Missouri is somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 to $40 thousand. I'm not sure how accurate this is, and I haven't done enough research to understand how my experience and qualifications might fit into the equation. By the time I finish the program at Rockhurst, I will have two masters degrees. On the other hand, I will have very little teaching or classroom experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database