Corn as Heat

On today's Talk of the Nation on NPR, the topic had something to do with minimizing heating costs. A caller phoned in to say that he heats his shop with corn fuel. I have heard of people burning corn for fuel before, but this is the most articulate explanation I have heard of the practice. Evidently, several manufacturers make corn-fueled furnaces. The corn demand helps the farmers. The caller was from Minnesota, and he said that the local newsstations in his state have been doing stories on corn fuel. I wouldn't mind learning more about this. Not that I am going to go out and buy a corn heater, but it is an interesting topic. Supposedly, corn heat is more economical than natural gas, propane or oil for the caller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database