World Series as an Election Preview??

I'm sure that this has been reported on sports and/or political shows, but I have not seen it. I just thought last night--if the Red Sox pull off a miracle and end up defeating the Yankees in 7 games, and the Astros win one of two games in St. Louis, we will have a World Series pitting Texas against Massachusetts. Remind anyone of a certain political contest being waged this fall? I've seen everything from the NYSE, the Iowa Electronic Markets and the Farmer's Alamanc cited as a predictor of elections. Why not the championship of America's pastime? Alas, at this point I am fearing that the Red Sox have about as good of a chance as John Kerry at winning--not good, but possible. Also, it is interesting that I am neither a huge fan of the Red Sox, or John Kerry, but I am rooting for both of them because I intensely dislike their opponents.

Comments

Eric said…
Todd-thanks for stopping by to comment. It sounds like our logic is the same, but that we are on different sides. The Red Sox pulled it off last night! I can't believe it. I don't like either Houston or St. Louis, mostly because they are in the Bucs' division. At the same time, I do like the Phil Garner connection, and I like Tony Womack. Plus, I think it would be funny if the Red Sox blow another chance at a title. So, in the end, I won't really care who wins. It was AWESOME though, to see the Yankees lose!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database