Blogger Search Capabilities

12/17/04 Update: I'm still not getting any results returned when I search through the blogger banner. When I get some time, I'll try the other option that blogger recommends, but I think my blog still needs to be in the google index for that option to work.

I'm trying to enable search capabilities on my blog. I tried searching for articles using the search box in the blogger banner at the top of my blog. I wasn't getting any results, so I checked Blogger help. There was a note there that said that "if you are not getting any search results, it is probably because your site is not in the google index." Then, it gave me a link to the google page where I could nominate my site for inclusion into the index. I did just that. However, the google page said that there were no guarantees on if or when my site would appear in its index. I would think that it would show up since blogger is part of google. However, I have no clue. I still can't return any results for my search. I'll try again tomorrow. Blogger help also suggested another google tool, but I think that the banner search box works via this other tool, so I'll just use the banner box, if I can get it to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database