Imagine all the people....

Every once in awhile, I will be listening to a song and a lyrics that I have heard hundreds of times will strike me as particularly poignant. This happened today as I heard John Lennon sing “Imagine” on my radio while I was driving to work. In the chorus, he sings:

“You may call me a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope that someday you will join us, and the world will be as one.”

I’ve worried a lot lately about having too idealistic a viewpoint. Mr. Lennon admits that his view is idealistic and he is unapologetic about it. In fact, he wants everyone to become part of the “dreamers.” I don’t think that this is possible (the realism in me always outweighs my optimism or hope). However, I admire his trying to reach those that think his hopeful view is merely a “dream.” After all, history would have left us much poorer had we not been blessed with dreamers.

Amen, Brother John!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

The No Fun League