The job of a lifetime

I just read a letter to the editor in Men's Journal that extolled the virtues of fatherhood. It was in response to a recent article by the magazine that described a series of dream jobs. The author of the letter felt that the job of 'father' was a glaring omission. In his words:

"Drawbacks: Less nights out with friends. What it pays: Nothing. Why it's a dream job: When the boss says "I love you", everything else seems wildly insignificant."

I like his word choice, and "wildly insignificant" is a great description of how everything else seems to fade to the background when Dominic gives me an unanticipated and unsolicited hug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database