Pirate News

Well, I confess to not being nearly as plugged into the MLB scene as I used to be. At one time, I was a passionate fan of the game, especially my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates. Even now, I find myself following the scores of the games, and get excited when the Pirates creep out of last place. So, I was stunned when I read last night that the Pirates had traded Jason Kendall to Oakland during the winter meetings. I was even more shocked that I hadn't heard anything about it. I just don't have the time or energy to follow my team in the offseason. I don't know how some people seem to know everything about sports. I guess I used to be like this, but I have other priorities now. Anyway, I wish Kendall luck. He was always a gritty player for the Bucs. The more I think about the trade, the more it pisses me off. I'm glad he is going to Oakland. I like Billy Beane. Littlefield likes to trade away popular players. I know there are challenges with the payroll, but if he doesn't put a winning team on the field soon, there is going to be challenges with his employment. Ah, the hell with it. Baseball has too many problems to get all worked up over.

Now, it appears the Bucs have traded for Benito Santiago. I wonder how long he will last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database