Portable computer memory

During my first week of orientation, my company gave me a Lexar Media JumpDrive, which plugs directly into a USB port on the back of my laptop. Evidently, this is the "new" way to store data on "disc". No more floppy discs. My laptop does not have a floppy disc drive. I suppose I could attach a floppy drive remotely to my laptop, but I shouldn't have to do that with the JumpDrive. I've never actually used it, but I finally took it out of its package today. I plugged it into my laptop's one free USB drive (my mouse also uses a USB port), and Windows immediately recognized it, and mapped it as my E: drive. It's very easy to use. I copied over a file from my desktop using Explorer. I didn't need to format, partition or do any other technical hooey after plugging it in. That is true plug and play! According to CNET, the price range on my particular model, the Lexar 128MB Jumpdrive Flash USB Mini Storage Device is $26-$48. 128 MB is not a ton of memory, but that seems like a decent price for a useful tool. It would be a useful medium to store MP3 or WMA music files on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database