Web-based application fear

Does anyone else worry about one of the many excellent web-based applications that they use suddenly crashing, charging fees or otherwise becoming inaccessible? This is a growing worry of mine as I find more and more useful web based applications. Right now, the ones I use most often are:

Blogger
Bloglines
Del.icio.us
Flickr

These are all great services that I am increasingly using. I don't think I would suffer great harm if any of these crashed in the near future, but after years of using such services, it could be a major problem. Maybe I am being cynical or pessimistic. Maybe this is the risk of using a free online web service. I wonder if there are some kind of backup utilities available for any of these services (not that I would use one at this point.) I also wonder if there would be a place for some type of innovative "blog insurance."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database