Dust in the Wind

There are few events that reveal our insignificance as much as returning to a corporate job after a week of vacation. It is somewhat disconcerting to find that the company can, indeed, survive for an entire week without you. I'm aware that this is not true for all jobs--some people are indeed indispensable to their workplaces. However, these people are few and far between.

To me, this realization is empowering rather than discouraging. Knowing that I am but a grain of sand on the beach of the universe leads me to concentrate on the most important and stable areas of my life: family, health and faith, for example.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database