More thoughts about JPII

Yahoo! News - Report: Pope Not Doing Well on Medication

I have posted several times on this topic because it is a matter about which I feel deep convictions:

While controversy continues to rage within and outside of the Catholic Church over the question of whether or not the Pope should resign, I personally view his suffering as an act of service, faith and love. I am, in fact, inspired by his courage to remain in his office despite his maladies. While the position of the pope is undoubtedly political, it is not primarily a political position. Catholics believe that the Pope is serving in the office of Peter, the rock of the church. His duties are administrative, but I believe moreso, spiritual. His suffering becomes all the more powerful an example during Holy Week. It's a good thing Jesus didn't succumb to those calling for his resignation during his trials when he felt abandoned even by God. The Pope's example of persaveranceand suffering are a powerful example to me to live my vocation no matter the cost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database