The Sundry Times

  • Here is to hoping that the cease fire in the Middle East brings peace to the region, and allows the innocent civilians in Lebanon and Northern Israel to begin rebuilding their lives. Hezbollah needs to be obliterated. No organization that indiscrimanantly fires rockets into a civilian area should be allowed to exist. I understand that they cannot compete against the Israeli military, but that is no justification for their actions. At the same time, the Israeli military needs to be open to critisism for its actions without its defenders shouting "anti-Semite" at every turn. The bombing of the U.N. compound, and the high civilian death toll is unacceptable. If Hezbollah fighters are hiding amongst schools full of children, I believe they are off limits for ariel bombardment. Collateral damage is a poor excuse when it is a known fact that civilians are going to be killed in a particular bombing run.
  • Jackie Marquez, a friend of mine from high school and college, left a comment on my post about Chad Rudd. It was nice to see her stop by the blog, even under such sad circumstances. One never knows who is reading....welcome, Jackie. Please drop me an e-mail if you ever get the chance.
  • Dominic has been extremely well behaved lately. He is becoming more mature. It is bittersweet. He is not such a "little boy" any more, but instead a "young man". He has also been really interested in spending more time with me, which I think is awesome. We've become real buddies this summer. He begins first grade one week from today.
  • Thinking of going to Iowa this weekend. Wish me luck if I decide to drive 4.5 hours with a 6 and a 1 year old in tow. I think I can do it....I think I can....I think I can.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to start posting more regularly.....again.

Comments

Sean Meade said…
liking the more posting. i say go for the Iowa trip! wish i was that close!

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database