13.1 Miles

That is the distance that I ran this past Saturday in the Kansas City half-marathon. My time: 2 hours and 39 minutes. Not fast, but not bad for me. My goal was to finish without walking, and that I accomplished.

I was never really that winded, considering I was running for over 2 hours, but man did my legs hurt. I was pretty much laid up the rest of the day. However, Sunday morning, I was feeling fine, and I'm ready to get back to the gym today.

I don't know if I could ever do an entire marathon. Well, I'm sure I could, if I trained for it, but I don't like running enough to train that much for a marathon. I'd rather compete in a triathlon, or some adventure races.

My main goal of this race was just to prove to myself that I could do it, and I'm glad that I did.

Comments

Sean Meade said…
congratulations, Eric! great work!

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database