"A Cryout in the Night"

Recently, while cleaning up some old papers, I came across this poem I wrote in 1999. Sharon tells me that I must have been in a "bad place" at the time, but I don't remember that being the case.....

A cryout in the night.
My troubled heart takes flight.
Evasive sleep takes pleasure
with Satan's brightest treasure.

Though dim to mortal mind
my soul it does unwind,
and harder though I try
God does not hear my cry.

I know it sin to say
that God would turn away.
Believe, I keep on trying,
just to see the dying

of hope and faith together.
My mind does think whatever
deeds, thought or action
could re-establish traction?

And once again unite
my cryout in the night
with deep belief and love
to the everlasting Dove.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database