A Happy Pirate Memory

When I was a young child, surely under 5, my Dad toted me along to what was probably my first Pirate's game at big Three Rivers Stadium. I don't remember anything about the game--who won, who the Pirates played, any of the players, etc. However, I distinctly remember having a great time being with my dad in such a majestic environment. The view of downtown Pittsburgh at night was as transfixing to me then as it is now. I remember an amiable atmosphere, where my Dad's friends were probably joking with me and having fun, or perhaps even making fun of me. It didn't matter. It was heaven, and it was baseball, and it was not Iowa. It was Pittsburgh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database