Obamamania!

Barack put the wood to Hillary in S.C. He will be stumping in Kansas City tomorrow afternoon ahead of Super Tuesday. I would like to attend to be a part of the phenomenon, but I won't be able to make it. If he does end up receiving the nomination, I'm sure I will have additional chances to catch one of his speeches in person. The part of his acceptance speech that I saw this past Saturday night was inspirational.

One of the story lines from Saturday's S.C. vote seems to be that Obama is having trouble attracting the votes of white people. I'm don't know the statistics off the top of my head, but it was something akin to him only receiving 1 out of 4 white votes, while he received 4 out of 5 black votes. Many analysts seem to think that this spells trouble for his campaign when he moves on to other states without such a high percentage of black population. However, I don't think too much should be assumed by this data gathered from exit polls. How representative are South Carolina white voters of white voters in the rest of the country? It is no secret that South Carolina struggles with race issues (as do many other states.) Actually, I think it is pretty impressive that Obama would be able to get 20 to 25 percent of the votes of white people when his two primary opponents are white. This is obviously not a very scientific analysis, but my gut tells me that people may be reading too much into the exit poll data.

I continue to be entertained by the Republican mess. It's not that I'm anti-Republican. Without a doubt, if the general election comes down to Hillary vs. McCain, I would vote for McCain. I like McCain. It gives me great joy to see his success lead the likes of Limbaugh and Hannity to pull at their hair. They go after McCain with every bit of venom that they attack any Democrat, if not perhaps a little more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database