7500!

Finally, for the first time since October 12, 2006, I was able to row over 7500 meters in 30 minutes. 7502, to be precise. The last time that I rowed over 7500 meters:
  • Bill Cowher was still the head coach of the Steelers
  • Republicans still controlled Congress
  • I had not yet had the life-altering experience of spending a week in the hospital with Benny

This was a specific goal of mine at the beginning of the year. Actually, I had hoped to accomplish it by Dominic's birthday on February 17, but it was a long, hard uphill battle. Even though I did not meet my deadline, I was happy with my progress, as I added a few meters here and there. Trust me, if you have never used a rowing machine, those extra meters are hard to come by! I pushed my date goal to Easter, and I did not think I would be able to come close until at least a few more weeks. However, tonight I did it! I started off pretty strong, staying under a 2:00 per 500-meter pace for the first 2200 meters, and then staying around a 2:05 pace through about 5500 meters. I then realized that if I pushed hard, I might have an opportunity to pass 7500. I started rowing hard, and moved back down to under a 2:00 pace from 6000 meters on. Even still, I had to really kick it in during the last 500 meters, and I barely made it by pushing all the way under a 1:50 pace for the last 10 seconds. 7502. Not much time to spare!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database