Untethered

Just some random thinking; a nostalgiac observation. Remember when we used to have to go to certain places in our houses to connect to the Internet at such blazing speeds of 64 kbps, or some such statistic? I was simply thinking this evening of how much I take for granted being able to sit on my couch with a laptop and surf the web while watching TV--made possible with more powerful laptops and wireless routers. I've only had both of these things for a few years, but it feels like I've had them forever. It's getting kind of hard to remember what life was like before these conveniences. Not that I want to go back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database