Last Week = Bad Week

March 2008 hasn't gotten off to a particularly exceptional start. Last Saturday, March 1, was Dominic's birthday celebration--a limo ride and night at the Great Wolf Lodge. I think he enjoyed it well enough, but I was grouchy most of the time because it was stressful. It was nice having my family in town to help celebrate, but I wish we would have gotten to spend more time with them. I felt like we were holed up in our little room at the lodge, and we didn't even spend that much time at the waterpark. However, as long as Dominic enjoyed himself and has good memories of the occasion, then I am o.k. with the whole thing.

Last Monday, I woke up with a fever and missed work. Of course, it's never easy missing a Monday, because it just throws me off kilter for the rest of the week. I immediately get behind in e-mails, and spend most of the week trying to play catch-up. My fever subsided, but I spent most of the rest of the week tired and worn out. It didn't help that my sleeping has been horrendous lately. Then, I missed most of the week at the gym. I had been doing pretty well all year with getting regular cardio and weightlifting workouts. Last week, I only made it over to the gym a couple of times.

Now, the key is to climb out of the rut. It is usually hard for me to recover after falling out of a good routine. I just need to put the past week behind me, and carry on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database