Vajentic Family Western Odyssey: Week 5, Day 30 (Sunday, August 11)

After staying awake until 4 AM Saturday night, I slept until 12:00 noon.  I debated on whether or not I wanted to go to the baseball game, and in the end decided that I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to see another Pirates game.  Looking around the room, I realized I was out of clean underwear, so it was time to go commando.  The game started in the middle of the afternoon, so prior to walking over to Coors Field, I walked down the 16th Street Mall.  I was in search of an additional duffel bag for my accumulated luggage.  I found a nice outlet store where I found a cheap Nike bag, so I purchased it along with some cologne.  On my way to the stadium, I bought a club-level ticket from a scalper for $40.  The game did not go well....again.  The Pirates got on the board first, and I got to see Pedro Alvarez hit a home run early in the game, but a series of walks and miscues allowed Colorado to take a 3-2 lead by the bottom of the 8th.  Uninspired, I left in disgust before the game was even over.  Yep, I came to town with the Pirates on one of their best rolls in years, only to see them get swept by the mediocre, at best, Colorado Rockies.  I took about a million pictures at the game on Saturday night, so I didn't even bring my camera to the game on Sunday.  The best thing to come out of my Sunday experience at Coors Field was my binge upon expensive ballpark treats: carmel frappe, strawberry stick, hot dog, cajun fries and a diet coke.  What a lunch!  I walked back to the hotel to take a shower.  After poking around the room for a little while, I went back out to walk around some more.  Since this would be my final night of vacation, I wanted to pick a good place to eat.  I was kind of looking for a place where I could also listen to some live music, but my options were limited on a Sunday evening.  After consulting TripAdvisor, I settled on a place called Ocean Prime, which was listed as having a 'swanky seafood menu'.  Seafood it was!  I ordered scallops, ate, paid and went back to the hotel.  I hung out in the hotel lobby for a little while, writing down a list of things that I wanted to focus on in the coming months, post-sabbatical.  I went back to the room and decided to watch one more movie, Mud, starring Matthew Mcconaughey.  After the movie, which I enjoyed, I got all of my stuff packed up and ready to go for the morning.  I called for a wake-up call, just in case my phone alarm didn't work.  Then, I hit the sack for my last night on the road.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The agony of victory....a.k.a. picking my jaw up off the floor

"The Axis of Evil and the Doctrine of Preemption Three Years On"

Removing a password that was created in a previous version from an Access 2007 database